GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- RCGP Scotland is of course the scottish branch of the College and champion of general practice in Scotland.
- The BMA have a Sessional GPs Subcommittee and Scottish GP Committee
- The National Association of Sessional GPs represent sessional GPs including locum, freelance and salaried doctors
- The BMA produces guidance and resources for sessional and locum GPs.
- Each region has it’s own system of CPD groups to support sessional GPs and First5® GPs – visit your local region for details and look at the PBSGL information below.
- The RCGP Rural Forum is the part of the College which represents Rural GPs.
- Dispensing Doctors are represented by the Dispensing Doctors Association
- BASICS Scotland provide excellent education and training in pre-hospital emergency care.
DEEP END GPs
General Practitioners at the Deep End” work in 100 general practices serving the most socio-economically deprived populations in Scotland. Further information on the deep end website.
- RCGP has developed a range of Resources for First5 Members
This website no longer maintains an up-to-date list of resources. However a number of such lists can be found on: